GIDiMA is GDPR compliant.
We will only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. If any other use is contemplated other than that which is disclosed to the individual, GIDiMA will first obtain the permission for that purpose from the owner of the information.
You are entitled under the law on the Protection of Persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data to access the personal information that GIDiMA holds about you. If you believe any detail of your personal information to be incorrect, you may request that it be corrected by sending an e-mail to email@example.com .
The use for advertising purposes of any information pertaining to members, such as email addresses, is strictly prohibited, pursuant to the Luxembourg law of 30 May 2005, as amended, concerning the specific provisions for protection of the individual in respect of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation). Legal aspects on the information published on this website are described in the Legal Notice section.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
GIDiMA collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, location as mandatory for registering as user and member, age as optional).
- Personal interests (fields of interest and interest on joining the association). Providing this is optional.
- Professional information (sector activity relation,
- Company identification information (Name of the company or organisation, legal registry, email address, phone number) for Corporate members.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide GIDiMA with all the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
GIDiMA collects your data so that we can:
- Process your request for membership and manage your account.
- Email you with information on our regular activities, members or other external sources of information which agreed to have their content published on our website and services we think you might like.
If you agree, GIDiMA will share your data with our members so that they may offer you products and services only addressed to members.
When GIDiMA processes your request for membership payments or your request for services, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
GIDiMA securely stores your data at the server of the hosting provider in Luxembourg.
GIDiMA will keep your personal information data for the time you are registered as member. Once this time period has expired, we will delete all your personal data from our database as well as in any independent files held by GIDiMA .
GIDiMA would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our member corporate and partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing communications, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop GIDiMA from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating this wish.
What are your data protection rights?
GIDiMA would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request GIDiMA for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that GIDiMA correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request GIDiMA to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that GIDiMA erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that GIDiMA restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to GIDiMA’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that GIDiMA transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies that our website uses:
- Functionality – GIDiMA uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include the location you are in or your selected interests. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that GIDiMA has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the National Commission for Data Protection of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg.
Phone: (+352) 26 10 60-1
Address: 1, avenue du Rock’n’Roll , L-4361 Esch-sur-Alzette
This page was edited following the GDPR.EU website recommendations